Bonding — Shaken not Stirred
- Posted on: Dec 15 2015
Family bonding at Thanksgiving.
Hey, all of those bondings are well and good, but they do nothing to solve cosmetic issues with your teeth. But dental bonding with Dr. Marshall can.
Dental bonding uses a resin made from ceramic, plastic, and other components to cover or fill various dental problems. Bonding is a durable alternative to more expensive treatments such as porcelain veneers.
Dental bonding can be used to:
- Restore decayed teeth
- Fill large cavities
- Fill tooth cracks and chips
- Brighten heavily discolored teeth
- Protect the tooth root when gums recede
- Improve the symmetry of the teeth
- Fill gaps between the teeth
The benefits of bonding?
- Cost — Bonding can be an alternative to more expensive procedures such as veneers, crowns, or certain large precious metal fillings. Talented dentists such as Dr. Marshall can achieve similar results with dental bonding at a lower cost.
- Ease — With bonding, there is no waiting for fabrication of veneers or a crown. Bonding is done in the office, usually in a single visit.
- Painless — Since bonding involves placing the bonding material onto your teeth, there is no need for any anesthesia.
How is dental bonding done?
Dr. Marshall first selects the resin that matches the natural color of your teeth. Once the two of you agree on the color match, Dr. Marshall gives the tooth or teeth targeted for bonding some light etching to create a better surface for the resin to adhere to. She then applies the resin in small increments, building the contour and depth to the desired levels. A curing light hardens the resin. Your bite is tested to make sure there aren’t any high spots or other issues, and any adjustments are made. The last step is to polish your restored teeth.
Next time you’re watching 007 and you chip your tooth on a piece of popcorn, think of bonding, dental bonding, with Dr. Marshall. Call us with any questions or to make an appointment, 610-649-0696.
Posted in: Dental Bonding