Learn about the advantages of dental bridges
- Posted on: Oct 30 2019
At the practice of Dr. Lindsey F. Marshall of Ardmore, PA, new and existing patients have the opportunity to achieve a more beautiful smile—even when problems such as tooth loss occur. Replacing missing teeth doesn’t have to be overwhelming or expensive. In fact, many patients choose dental bridges as a way of replacing one or more teeth in a row in an affordable and effective manner.
Understanding dental bridges
Many patients ask about dental bridges when faced with tooth replacement solutions. Dental bridges are a great middle-of-the-road solution for patients who want a permanent replacement but an affordable one. Dental bridges are porcelain restorations made to connect a false tooth called a pontic to the adjacent teeth, using these teeth for support. The bridge covers the adjacent teeth with dental crowns and completes the dental arch. Many patients find that their dental bridges may be covered in part by dental insurance, making them one of the most affordable and permanent options for tooth replacement.
Who is a candidate for a dental bridge?
Dental bridges can be used for patients of all types. In fact, dental bridges are often recommended when patients want a long-lasting option that is attainable and natural-looking. Candidates for dental bridges need to have a healthy smile free from decay and disease, and need to be dedicated to keeping their bridges clean. Bridges do require extra attention to keep them clean and healthy. If patients are serious about their oral health, they may be encouraged to consider dental bridges.
What are the advantages of dental bridges?
Dental bridges are:
- Affordable – many dental insurance plans also provide partial coverage as a benefit to patients who choose dental bridges.
- Long-lasting – with proper care, many patients will enjoy their dental bridges for a decade or longer!
- Effective – dental bridges allow patients who have experienced tooth loss to enjoy all their favorite foods with confidence!
- Natural-looking – because dental bridges are made of porcelain, they are fabricated to match the existing teeth and look seamless when placed.
- Durable – patients who take good care of their smile will find that these restorations are durable, even when chewing hard foods.
Obtaining a dental bridge is just a phone call away!
Dr. Lindsey F. Marshall provides advanced dentistry and smile artistry for patients in and around the area of Ardmore, PA. Adult patients considering dental bridge are welcome to book a consultation appointment and an initial evaluation to discuss their options by calling (610) 649-0696 and visiting the practice in Suburban Square at 32 Parking Plaza, Suite 602.
Posted in: Dental Bridge