5 Tips to Keep You Cavity-Free During the Holiday Season
- Posted on: Nov 10 2015
With all of our wonderful holidays right around the corner, you may already find yourself dreaming of pumpkin pies, toffee, and sugar cookies. While there is nothing wrong with indulging during the holidays and sinking your teeth into something sweet and delectable, we all know that lingering sugar can wreak havoc on your teeth.
With that in mind, here are 5 tips that can help keep your teeth healthy and cavity-free during the holidays:
- Don’t tip the scale with sugar — balance your sugary food choices with fibrous foods like vegetables. This will help keep your teeth cleansed and free from excess sugar.
- Sweets that don’t stick — choose sweets that don’t stick around in-between your teeth or in the crevices of your molars. A brick of dark chocolate would be a better choice than a caramel.
- Brush, brush, brush — brush your teeth after consuming sugary foods and never go to bed without brushing your teeth first.
- Be prepared — carrying a toothbrush and floss with you will help you be able to brush even when you’re at another’s home.
- Swish, swish, swish — if you don’t have the ability to brush after eating sugary foods, at least swish your mouth with water to remove some of the sugars and other particles.
Contact Our Philadelphia Dentist
In addition to enjoying your holiday parties, our dentist, Dr. Lindsey Marshall, also hopes you enjoy how these tips keep your teeth healthy. If you would like more information about keeping your teeth clean, please come into our Ardmore dental office today. Contact us to schedule your general dentistry appointment today. Call (610) 649-0696.
Posted in: Dental Cleaning