How to improve your flossing routine
- Posted on: Apr 15 2021
A survey by the CDC (Center for Disease Control) reports that approximately 70% of Americans do not brush and floss as directed by their dentist and dental hygienist. It is vital that patients realize how detrimental this can be to one’s oral health and wellness, and learn more about how it impacts their smile. Brushing the teeth and flossing the smile each day shouldn’t take more than ten minutes, but many patients fail to make these steps a priority. With the help of Dr. Lindsey Marshall of Ardmore, PA, patients can learn how to properly brush and floss their teeth to ensure better oral health and wellness.
Tips for properly flossing the teeth
While most patients will brush their teeth, many don’t make flossing a priority. It’s easy when you know the techniques necessary to ensure proper flossing. Below are a few tips recommended by Dr. Lindsey Marshall to help patients floss their teeth and take these extra steps to ensure better oral health!
- Make a “C” shape with the floss to clean both sides of each tooth
- Change your floss after each tooth or you may be spreading plaque to the rest of your smile
- Use the right type of floss and ask your dentist about the best technique for the most efficient process
- Ask your dentist about flossing around certain restorations such as dental bridges, or getting to places that might be hard to reach
- Consider dental work that can make flossing easier, such as straightening misaligned teeth or addressing overcrowding with orthodontic work
- Stay committed to flossing when you brush to ensure you are taking all the steps necessary for a healthier smile!
Call Dr. Lindsey Marshall today
If you are considering ways to improve your oral health with better brushing and flossing, connect with Dr. Lindsey Marshall and her team today to determine the best solutions. Her facility is located at 32 Parking Plaza, Suite #800, and can be reached by phone to request a visit at (610) 649-0696. She is accepting new patients and families into her facility for comprehensive dental care solutions for the entire household!
Posted in: Dental Cleaning