Are you considering dental implants for tooth replacement?
- Posted on: Sep 15 2020
Maintaining a beautiful smile starts with proper oral healthcare habits. Dr. Lindsey Marshall and her team in Ardmore, PA are committed to providing patients with a range of restorative options when teeth have been extracted or lost to ensure the smile stays attractive and healthy. Many patients are excited to learn more about dental implants as one of the best options for tooth replacement, and there are many reasons why!
What are dental implant?
First and foremost, it is important for patients to understand how dental implants work to decide if they are a good fit for their unique dental needs. Dental implants are posts made of titanium, a metal that is biocompatible with the body. The placement of dental implants into the bone of the jaw stimulates bone growth through osseointegration, causing the bone to wrap around the implant to hold it firmly in the jawbone. Then, the implant provides the best possible foundation for restorations over the abutment, including dental crown, dental bridges, or full dentures.
Why patients choose dental implants
Dental implants have many advantages that make them a wise investment for many of our patients seeking a more permanent solution for tooth loss. Dental implants:
- Can last a lifetime when patients maintain their oral health
- May cost more, but last longer than any other option available
- Are sturdy and strong, due to their integration into the jawbone
- Ensure proper function
- Allow patients to enjoy all their favorite foods without worry
- Are natural-looking, as they are restored with porcelain restorations that match the patient’s existing teeth
- Provide a permanent solution to tooth loss
- Are versatile, replacing anywhere from one tooth to all the teeth in the dental arch
Call Dr. Lindsey Marshall today
If you have questions about dental implants or other dental restorations used to replace missing teeth, we welcome you to book an appointment at our practice by calling (610) 649-0696. During an initial evaluation and consultation visit, our team of professionals can help you choose the solutions most appropriate for your specific dental needs. We are committed to helping new and current patients in and around the community of Ardmore, PA.
Posted in: Dental Implants