Five benefits of dental implants
- Posted on: Mar 30 2021
Dental implants are a popular choice for patients tin Ardmore, PA who are faced with tooth loss. These restorations are highly desirable for many reasons. They provide benefits that no other alternative, such as bridges or dentures, can offer. Below are just a few of the primary reasons why patients will choose to have dental implants placed in their smile:
- Lifelong solution for a beautiful smile. Because dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care, they allow patients the opportunity to replace missing teeth in a permanent manner. Though these treatments are costlier than alternatives, their longevity make them a smart investment in the smile.
- Better functionality. Dental implants are placed into the bone of the jaw, allowing them to have the best possible foundation to function at their best. Dental implants function just like natural teeth for better function, durability, and confidence.
- Improved oral health. The teeth on each side of the space are not impacted by the dental implant as it is a standalone restoration. Additionally, they are easier to brush and floss to keep periodontal disease and cavities away.
- Convenience. These permanent restorations are simple to place and provide lifelong convenience. Patients do not need to give their implants any additional attention, and can avoid removable appliances that need daily care.
- More youthful appearance. Dental implants also maintain the natural bone of the jaw, eliminating that “sunken in” appearance that some patients get when wearing dentures long-term. This allows patients to maintain a youthful look to their facial structure and feel more confident when they smile!
Who is a candidate for dental implants?
Patients who are interested in dental implants should have a healthy smile with sufficient bone for successful placement of these restorations. This is determine with a physical evaluation and x-rays to determine candidacy.
Call our team today
If you want to speak to Dr. Lindsey F. Marshall about the benefits of dental implants for your smile, contact her facility by calling (610) 649-0696 to request a consultation visit. An initial examination is the first step in determining candidacy for this or other tooth replacement options used at her facility, located at 32 Parking Plaza, Suite #800 in Suburban Square of Ardmore, PA.
Posted in: Dental Implants