Why should I consider dental implants?
- Posted on: Nov 15 2020
Extracted or lost teeth within the smile may be normal during the natural development as children, when the baby teeth are lost to make room for permanent teeth. These permanent teeth, or adult teeth, are intended to last a lifetime with proper care. However, if patients experience disease or decay that causes them to lose a tooth, it requires replacement as soon as possible. Tooth replacements options available with Dr. Lindsey Marshall include dentures, dental bridges, and dental implants. In most situations, patients will choose dental implants because of the clear advantages they provide over the alternatives.
What is a dental implant?
Dr. Lindsey Marshall describes the dental implant as a tooth restoration solution that provides multiple opportunities to replace one or more teeth. This titanium post is placed into the jawbone and provides an abutment over the gumline to restore using various methods. The versatility and the permanency of this option make it a highly desirable choice for many of our patients.
Why choose dental implants?
There are multiple advantages when comparing dental implants with other replacements options including dentures and bridges. Dental implants:
- Provide permanent replacement of teeth with a solid, biocompatible restoration
- Offer a solution for replacing one, several, or all the teeth in the dental arch
- Have versatility that makes the helpful in many different dental situations
- Are natural-looking when restored using quality dental restorations
- Can stabilize a full denture for the best in function and strength
- Can act as anchors for one or both sides of a dental bridge
- Last a lifetime with proper care and attention over the years
- Require little to no special attention as they are permanently put in place and non-removable
- Maintain bone structure, which keeps facial contours youthful and eliminates the risk of dental resorption
Request a visit with Dr. Lindsey Marshall
Call (610) 649-0696 to schedule a consultation visit with our team and learn more about the advantages of using dental implants to replace one or more teeth. The office is located in Suburban Square at 32 Parking Plaza, Suite #800 and accepts new patients in the area of Ardmore, PA.
Posted in: Dental Implants