How Do I Get Invisalign®?
- Posted on: May 15 2015
Invisalign® offers many advantages over traditional orthodontics, including the ability to brush and floss normally, eat normally, and straighten your teeth with minimal visual disruption. While it is not the right solution for every smile, Invisalign® could be the way to straighten your teeth without the hassle and look of traditional braces.
The first step to getting Invisalign® is an evaluation of your bite and overall oral health. Before starting Invisalign®, it is important to address any oral health problems like gum disease or damaged teeth.
Once Dr. Marshall determines that you are a good Invisalign® candidate, the process can begin.
- Evaluation: Dental X-rays, digital photos, and impressions are taken of your teeth. These are sent to Align Technologies, who will create your customized Invisalign® aligners.
- Customized Treatment Plan: Invisalign® software is used to create a custom simulation of your alignment and determine the stages for your treatment.
- Wear Your Aligners: Once your aligners arrive, you will meet with Dr. Marshall to learn how to use them. You will use the next set of aligners every two weeks as your teeth move into position.
- Monitoring: Dr. Marshall will monitor your progress with office visits every six weeks and make any needed adjustments to your treatment plan.
- Maintenance: Once your treatment plan has completed, you may need a set of retainers to lock your teeth in position and keep your smile looking great.
If you would like straighter teeth without the embarrassment and hassle of metal braces, please contact The Office of Lindsey F. Marshall, DMD, by completing our online form or calling (610) 649-0696 today. Dr. Marshall serves patients throughout the Philadelphia area.
Posted in: Invisalign