What is Laser Dentistry?
- Posted on: Sep 23 2011
Philadelphia laser dentistry can be used for the following procedures:
- Detecting decay: A low-intensity laser can identify decay in its early stages.
- Filling teeth: Dental lasers can remove bacteria and decay more effectively and thoroughly than hand-held tools.
- Gum recontouring: Lasers are used to reshape your gum line and can eliminate excessive gum tissue to create a more attractive, healthy smile.
- Preventing tooth sensitivity: Dental lasers can seal the tubules that decreases and even eliminate sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures.
- Teeth whitening: Lasers are used to activate the whitening gel used in tooth whitening procedures.
- Folds in your soft tissue: If you have folds in your soft tissue, instead of having sutures placed, a dental laser can correct these folds (often created by ill-fitting dentures).
If you live in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area and are interested laser dentistry to enhance your smile, please contact our cosmetic dentistry office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Marshall.
Posted in: Laser Dentistry