5 Essential Tools for Great Dental Hygiene
- Posted on: Oct 8 2014
October is National Dental Hygiene Month. A healthy mouth requires diligent, everyday care, which is why Dr. Lindsey Marshall urges all of her Main Line patients to embrace her preventative dentistry philosophy.
Preventative dentistry is dedicated to active prevention of tooth decay, gum disease, and other health issues before treatment becomes necessary. Preventing problems instead of treating them after the fact reduces pain, expense, and impact on oral health.
During your visit to our office in Ardmore, Dr. Marshall and our hygienists can recommend the best practices and devices for maintaining your dental hygiene, including:
- Electric toothbrush: Brushing two or more times each day with a Sonicare electric toothbrush is the most thorough way to remove plaque from teeth
- Waterpik: A gentle stream of water comfortably and effectively cleans difficult-to-access areas between teeth better than regular floss
- Mouthwash: Antibacterial rinse helps prevent gum disease, removes bacteria throughout the mouth, and freshens your breath
- Healthy foods: Calcium, vitamins C and D, and other nutrients help strengthen tooth enamel and encourage saliva production – eat plenty of dairy, vegetables, and fruits low in acid content
- A calendar: Schedule an appointment with Dr. Marshall every six months for a professional cleaning and exam
Patients throughout the Main Line can expect personalized care at every visit. Dr. Marshall and our hygienist team can recommend adjustments to your routine to help you attain optimal oral health, as well as prospective treatments if you’re unable to manage an issue yourself.
Please contact The Office of Lindsey F. Marshall, DMD, or call (610) 649-0696 today to schedule your preventative dentistry appointment. Dr. Marshall welcomes patients from Ardmore and other communities in the Main Line.