Tooth Whitening for Darkened Teeth
- Posted on: Feb 24 2013
Some of the causes of darkened teeth include :
- Aging, which wears away some of the enamel on your teeth and reveals more of the darkened hue of the underlying dentin.
- Tobacco use, including smoking and chewing.
- Certain foods and beverages, including tomato sauce, wine, soda and other acidic products.
- Poor dental hygiene, which is necessary to remove dental plaque on your teeth that can collect stain-causing food debris.
- Dental restorations, such as porcelain-fused-to-metal tooth crowns and amalgam fillings.
Tooth whitening restores your teeth to a brighter, whiter color. Your tooth color can be customized to the brightness you want.
Although there are many options for tooth whitening, in-office whitening performed by a dentist is the most effective and provides the fastest results. At Dr. Lindsey Marshall’s practice, we use the ZOOM! tooth whitening system. You can have whiter teeth in about an hour. Your results can be achieved in a single appointment, and you can return to work and normal activities immediately with a brighter smile.
If you live in Philadelphia and want tooth whitening, please contact Lindsey Marshall, DMD, to schedule an appointment.
Posted in: Uncategorized