Philadelphia, Main Line, and Ardmore, Pennsylvania Cosmetic Dentistry
Painless Dentistry Expertise
Fear of the dentist can not only lead to stress and anxiety about an upcoming appointment but also serious health risks due to a lack of professional care. If you need dental treatment in or around Philadelphia but you’re afraid of visiting the dentist, Dr. Lindsey Marshall can provide a nearly painless dentistry procedure using NuCalm technology.
Though no dentistry procedure is absolutely painless, NuCalm can guide your mind into a relaxed state that minimizes feelings of fear or anxiety. If dental phobia is compromising your oral health, please call Lindsey Marshall, DMD, at (610) 649-0696 today. Dr. Marshall serves patients in or around Philadelphia.
What Is NuCalm?
NuCalm is a treatment system for inducing deep relaxation in patients without the use of drugs. Instead, NuCalm technology organically alters the frequency of your brain waves (a process known as entrainment) to a calm state similar to the “twilight” feeling you get just before falling asleep.
Treatment with NuCalm relaxes you with the following steps:
- You chew dietary supplements that counteract adrenaline your body might produce in anticipation of a dental procedure
- Dr. Marshall positions microcurrent stimulation patches behind each ear to encourage relaxation Headphones worn over your ears broadcast calming music and soothing neuroacoustic tones to your brain
- Light-blocking masks over the eyes reduce visual stimuli and maintain your relaxation
All of these steps take approximately three minutes, and you could begin feeling a sense of tranquility as soon as five minutes into your appointment. Because the process involves no chemical sedation, NuCalm has no major side effects and doesn’t require any post-procedure recovery time before the patient can leave the office.
How Can NuCalm Benefit Me?
The most apparent benefit of undergoing treatment with NuCalm during your next dental treatment is the sense of calm that replaces the stress and fear you might have experienced during past visits to the dentist. However, NuCalm is capable of more than deep relaxation throughout the entirety of your procedure, including:
- Diminished sense of physical as well as mental tension
- No cognitive impairment, allowing you to listen and respond to Dr. Marshall throughout the procedure
- Dulled motor responses, reducing the risk of jumping or becoming startled
- Neuromuscular release, making your procedure easier by slowing down saliva flow and diminishing gag reflex
- A feeling of rejuvenation after the appointment, rather than the sluggishness that often attends sedation
By allowing you to experience a dental appointment consciously without feeling fear or anxiety, NuCalm can also help retrain your brain to cope more effectively with dental phobia. Reduced feelings of stress can help you begin building more positive emotions associated with seeing the dentist, meaning improved oral hygiene and diminished dread about your next visit.