Restore the smile using quality porcelain veneers
- Posted on: Jan 15 2021
As great as it would be, not everyone is born with a naturally beautiful smile. Things happen, imperfections develop, and breakage might occur due to trauma. When these situations arise, there may be a need to restore the smile’s appearance with cosmetic dental solutions. Dr. Lindsey Marshall is excited to offer a solution for patients who need to address teeth near the front of the smile that may appear imperfect: dental veneers.
How do dental veneers work?
Dr. Lindsey Marshall describes dental veneers as porcelain restorations that are bonded onto the front of a tooth to change its appearance. In most situations, these restorations are created to cover imperfections such as:
- Misaligned teeth
- Gapped/spaced teeth
- Unusually shaped teeth
- Permanently stained teeth
- Chipped/cracked/broken teeth
- Short teeth
How are dental veneers placed?
Dental veneers are bonded onto the front of a tooth that has been prepared with filing some of the natural enamel off. In doing so, this eliminates added bulk when placing the veneer. Patients will have the preparations done during a prior appointment along with impressions, which are then used to create the final restoration in a dental laboratory. Veneers are made to match the existing teeth in the smile to ensure a natural finished result.
Why are dental veneers popular?
There are several benefits to the fabrication and placement of dental veneers for our patients. Below are just a few reasons why someone might think about asking their dentist about veneers:
- Veneers look natural, as they are custom-made for each patient
- Veneers are versatile and can disguise a wide range of imperfections on the front teeth
- Veneers can least many years, making them a desirable option for long-term repair
- Veneers require only two appointments at the dental office
- Veneers can be used together to address several issues near the front of the smile
- Veneers are strong and durable, while remaining natural-looking in the smile
Interested in learning more about dental veneers?
Contact Dr. Lindsey Marshall and her team by calling (610) 649-0696 to request a consultation appointment. The office is located in Ardmore, PA at 32 Parking Plaza, Ste. #800 and accepts new patients.
Posted in: Porcelain Veneers